The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The time is here
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:47 pm 

Get behind the lads tomorrow, this is our town and football team, we can take the world , in ten years time we will be like Chelsea , in Europe and all that , let's go for it tomorrow, we can win this, from tomorrow also we stay in the championship this season , Karl will take us to new levels we are mkdons we can rule the football world in the future, this is our team and town, let's be loud and proud, starting to morrow, in ten years time we can be champions of Europe , so let's believe lads and lasses, Milton Keynes will be the number one town, city in England in the future, the football team as well, so get it on starting tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: The time is here
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:53 pm 

You been at Ali's Frenzy cocktails?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:53 pm 

Yeah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:02 pm 

I think it was in 'The Maltese Falcon' that the guy went 'I like your style sir'.

Whatever the F- happens tomorrow I shall support my club.

Anyone else fed up with 'what club did you support before MKD?'

Answer I F- DIDN'T BECAUSE THERE WASN'T A CLUB IN MY TOWN.

You could have gone to Luton 8-) ... Oh yes lovely place 25 miles away. Crumbling edifice and moronic Neanderthal people in the home end that led me to think 'I'll never bring my kids here'.... been there done that. Mercifully I had had all the injections.

Northampton? I didn't even know there was a club up there until about 15 years ago they were so low key. Dreadful atmosphere (and they criticise us!!) Uncomfortable seats and a total lack of enthusiasm - I won't use the word 'passion' - by the players when I visited.

Wycombe? Sod off. I know that you have to put up with a lot when you are a fan but on the 2 occasions I went I got stuck up that mule track - and subsequently found my car had slid down the hill from where I parked it....I gave up.

Then, years ago, having almost forgotten about attending live football. A fellow 'dad' in my son's team said ' want a ticket for the game on Sat?'. Was at the NHS and I thought 'may as well go'.

Never looked back.
:ugeek: 8-) :-D :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am 

Whole of the footballing community in the country will be watching, so let's all make the most of it. Wherever you are sitting (or standing) tomorrow....even if in the upper tier, east side (as I will be) support the team, sing and be passionate. This is our club....think of all the ups and downs since 2004....leading up to this, the biggest game of our history. Wish I was in the Cowshed as usual, but for those of you who are in the singing section with the drum, really make it a good one - I know you will. Hopefully there may even be some singers where I am too, right near the Chelsea fans.

Most watching on BBC will want Chelsea to win - yea, to hammer us - so let's remember "No one likes us / We don't care !"

Making history since 2004

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:28 am 

Win or lose I hope we give them a good game. COYD's

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:21 pm 

I just want to enjoy the atmosphere. c30k in our little ground; world wide audience on TV; and (probably) lots of goals.

Whatever happens:
- no boo-ing
- stay until the end
- and leave with a sore throat (Robbo keeps talking about the players leaving 'it all on the pitch', it's our turn to leave it 'all in the stads')

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:24 pm 

I really am not taking the piss when I say that I am enormously meh about this game. I just cannot get excited about it.

Credit to you all for being in the right mood, but it's not something I can share, I'm afraid.

Post subject: The time is here
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:33 pm 

Dan wrote:
I really am not taking the piss when I say that I am enormously meh about this game. I just cannot get excited about it.

Credit to you all for being in the right mood, but it's not something I can share, I'm afraid.

Glad I'm not the only one, I'll enjoy the occasion but give me a game like Fleetwood away last season over this!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:42 pm 

Chris wrote:
Dan wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one, I'll enjoy the occasion but give me a game like Fleetwood away last season over this!

Top night, that. Give me a Tuesday night in a craphole any day!

I just can't be doing with all the media hype and bullshit. I want to watch football, not a soap opera.