The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fake Caskey Jorster
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:40 pm 

In the grand scheme of things who actually cares about what happened today????

At the start of the season it was all about championship survival and right now ITS STILL ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIP SURVIVAL.

We were poor today I'll accept that but for people to create thread after thread slagging the players off is pointless. Today was a free hit and a pay day for the club.

Keyboard warriors turn your computers off and go back to playing FIFA.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:44 pm 

BuffaloB wrote:

At the start of the season it was all about championship survival and right now ITS STILL ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIP SURVIVAL.

We were poor today I'll accept that but for people to create thread after thread slagging the players off is pointless. Today was a free hit and a pay day for the club.

What you on about "keyboard warriors"? Do I have to put my opinion in writing, or morse code or something for it to be legitimate?

It's only a pay day if we can spend the money on bringing in reinforcements which seems heavily in doubt considering the window closes tommorow.

If we don't bring in anyone else it will have been completey pointless, losing and bringing in revenue that isnt being invested to boost or survival chances.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:47 pm 

We won't spend the money ... We are MK Dons.

What did you actually expect today? beating Chelsea would have been magical... In reality it wasn't going to happen and didn't

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:47 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
BuffaloB wrote:

What you on about "keyboard warriors"? Do I have to put my opinion in writing, or morse code or something for it to be legitimate?

It's only a pay day if we can spend the money on bringing in reinforcements which seems heavily in doubt considering the window closes tommorow.

If we don't bring in anyone else it will have been completey pointless, losing and bringing in revenue that isnt being invested to boost or survival chances.

The revenue has other purposes too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:49 pm 

BuffaloB wrote:

What did you actually expect today? beating Chelsea would have been magical... In reality it wasn't going to happen and didn't

I always said we were going to lose.

But theres a right way to go about it. We just looked like a bunch of Sunday league players in front of millions. Might as wel have just sat on the pitch and let them score as many as they wanted.

I genuinely think a good L1/L2 side would have defended better than us today.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:50 pm 

Dons50 wrote:
We got hammered because we played an attacking game. We could have sat JFC and Potter in front of the back four and stopped Lewie and Spence going forward and lost one or two nil.

We went for it and paid the price. Fair enough.

We'd have conceded against Fleetwood if Kyle had made that error. And we'd have conceded against Crawley if Spence played that way. On his heels the whole game, never on his toes ready to run at the pace Hazard offered against him.

Losing 5-1 isn't an issue at all. But just because it's Chelsea doesn't mean we can't be critics when professional footballers didn't do their jobs.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:53 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
BuffaloB wrote:

I always said we were going to lose.

But theres a right way to go about it. We just looked like a bunch of Sunday league players in front of millions. Might as wel have just sat on the pitch and let them score as many as they wanted.

I genuinely think a good L1/L2 side would have defended better than us today.

We were poor.
As it stands we are still 20th in the championship and come the end of the season we remain 20th I'll be over the moon!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:55 pm 

Young Alby wrote:
Dons50 wrote:
Losing 5-1 isn't an issue at all. But just because it's Chelsea doesn't mean we can't be critics when professional footballers didn't do their jobs.

This.

Chelsea are a brilliant side with elite players worth millions. Costa's weekly wage almost costs as much as our whole squad. That's not in dispute.

But when a professional footballer cannot defend properly it has to be brought up. It was the basics we got wrong. Even if we had played well and defended propery we still would have lost, but we made it far too easy for them and it looked like a training game.

We didnt close down players we let them do what they wanted, think the players were just awed by it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:05 pm 

Kyle McFadz shouldn't be passing across his own box when facing towards the other end of the field.

But because it's Chelsea, it's fine.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:07 pm 

:lol: