The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:51 pm 

kempstondons6 wrote:
I'm sure you are a wum d50,

Why's that? Because I see the way to play football in a similar way to our manager and I see the way to run a football club in a similar way to our owner? Surely it's the others who are WUMs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:55 pm 

Maybe mixing it up a little may help though!

The ball out to Lewie is painfully obvious and now tedious. Who wins the ball there if Lewie is injured etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:56 pm 

Dons50 wrote:
kempstondons6 wrote:

Why's that? Because I see the way to play football in a similar way to our manager and I see the way to run a football club in a similar way to our owner? Surely it's the others who are WUMs.

Playing Robbo's way is great if you have players capable of doing it.

IMO we need to go back to basics, learn how to defend first and foremost, as on today's evidence we cleary aren't well drilled enough. The Bolton game was just as bad.

Once we've tightened up at the back then we can play "Robbo's" football again. Its embarassing at the moment.

How many times have opposition fans said that we're "the worst side they've played all season"? I see a theme.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:51 am 

Madjules wrote:
I'm tired of people saying what do you expect against the champions, it was Chelsea etc.
I'm also tired of Robbo saying how every Championship team has better players

In the previous round Chelsea put out a full strength side bar the goalkeeper but only managed 2-0 at home against Scunthorpe (see below)
Today it could have been double figures in our own back yard
It was disorganised, tactically inept and pathetic at times

1Begovic
2IvanovicBooked at 66mins
5Zouma
24Cahill
28Azpilicueta
4Fàbregas
7Ramires
22Willian
8Oscar
17Pedro
19Diego Costa

Well said.

For the first time in 5 years I am having thoughts that the time for Robbo to move on has come.

I don't care for the "but we were up against Chelsea" brigade as what I witnessed yesterday was a soulless, passionless inept tactical performance which was best described as GUTLESS.

I have watched and played enough Football over the last 50years to know that games like yesterday only go to show there are major problems within the Group.

The direction they are being asked to go in looks like they do not believe in.

I have never felt so low right now in following this Club over the past 10 years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:35 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Scumarmy. wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
mkliam90 wrote:
Really? This is Chelsea we played. I would agree if it was a league game, but come on if i witnessed KR being frustrated and angered by today i think a reality check would be needed.

Obviously bringing in quality and spending money seems to be an issue for PW, so a change of tactics is what is required and seems the only option. Even if that means a new manager, sadly.

You all saw what a change of manager has done for Chelsea.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:21 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Dons50 wrote:
kempstondons6 wrote:

Playing Robbo's way is great if you have players capable of doing it.

IMO we need to go back to basics, learn how to defend first and foremost, as on today's evidence we cleary aren't well drilled enough. The Bolton game was just as bad.

Once we've tightened up at the back then we can play "Robbo's" football again. Its embarassing at the moment.

How many times have opposition fans said that we're "the worst side they've played all season"? I see a theme.

This. Even Mark Lawrenson and the other experts yesterday who have seen us at least once this season said the same.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:18 pm 

Stad:MK wrote:
Madjules wrote:
I'm tired of people saying what do you expect against the champions, it was Chelsea etc.
I'm also tired of Robbo saying how every Championship team has better players

In the previous round Chelsea put out a full strength side bar the goalkeeper but only managed 2-0 at home against Scunthorpe (see below)
Today it could have been double figures in our own back yard
It was disorganised, tactically inept and pathetic at times

1Begovic
2IvanovicBooked at 66mins
5Zouma
24Cahill
28Azpilicueta
4Fàbregas
7Ramires
22Willian
8Oscar
17Pedro
19Diego Costa

Well said.

For the first time in 5 years I am having thoughts that the time for Robbo to move on has come.

I don't care for the "but we were up against Chelsea" brigade as what I witnessed yesterday was a soulless, passionless inept tactical performance which was best described as GUTLESS.

I have watched and played enough Football over the last 50years to know that games like yesterday only go to show there are major problems within the Group.

The direction they are being asked to go in looks like they do not believe in.

I have never felt so low right now in following this Club over the past 10 years.

That's not the right word. Tactically inept may well be so but 'gutless'? Lewie put in a great shift. Samir never gave up and looked insanely energetic and 'up for it' all game. Dave.....gutless er no. Potter and JFK gutless? Powell gutless?! Bowditch - as most of the time - our striker never gets any service. Move on. I have.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:25 pm 

The whole BBC presenting team were laughing at us, and no wonder. Embarrassing wouldn't even begin to cover that so called footballing display.

And you D50 are either Winkelman, Robbo, or a blind deluded fool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:27 pm 

Johnny wrote:
The whole BBC presenting team were laughing at us, and no wonder. Embarrassing wouldn't even begin to cover that so called footballing display.

And you D50 are either Winkelman, Robbo, or a blind deluded fool.

They laughed at our naïveté in playing such an attacking style. Maybe we should have stuck everyone behind the ball and lost one or two nil.

Does it really matter?