The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:17 pm 

Don't care what the excuse is, why is our manager laughing and joking and generally acting like he doesnt give a shit when we've just lost 5-1 at home? Pu the blame on the players, which is fine, but at least be humble and not act like it was nothing...people paid a lot of money in some cases
to watch that game and he sounded like he didn't give a shit that we'd lost - probably true, that he difnt care for this game but theres a time and a place to laugh it off, and straight after the game
wasn't the time.

I like Robbo but that was a bit unprofessional.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:20 pm 

Really? This is Chelsea we played. I would agree if it was a league game, but come on if i witnessed KR being frustrated and angered by today i think a reality check would be needed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:23 pm 

I think he was putting on a brave face, with Clem trying to wind him up.

He's pretty much dammed if he does / doesn't. If he came on angry, people would moan saying "what did you expect"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:25 pm 

mkliam90 wrote:
Really? This is Chelsea we played. I would agree if it was a league game, but come on if i witnessed KR being frustrated and angered by today i think a reality check would be needed.

Seriously? That is the worst defensive display I have seen by us in a long time, probably ever. Doesnt matter if it was Chelsea, even the basics we got wrong. I was listening to the commentary at half time
and all the pundits were tearing into our defence and rightfully so.

Robbo is laughing about it when we have some serious issues in our squad. Our defence were dodgy against bottom side Bolton FFS.

Not only do we need a striker, but we also need either a couple of new defenders or if not that, some drastic changes to our style of play/formation especially at the back. This playing it out from the back thing just isnt working against Championship opposition let alone Chelsea.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:26 pm 

rookie wrote:
I think he was putting on a brave face, with Clem trying to wind him up.

He's pretty much dammed if he does / doesn't. If he came on angry, people would moan saying "what did you expect"

He didnt have to be angry, just not to look like a cock laughing about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:28 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
mkliam90 wrote:

Seriously? That is the worst defensive display I have seen by us in a long time, probably ever. Doesnt matter if it was Chelsea, even the basics we got wrong. I was listening to the commentary at half time

Robbo is laughing about it when we have some serious issues in our squad. Our defence were dodgy against bottom side Bolton FFS.

Not only do we need a striker, but we also need either a couple of new defenders or if not that, some drastic changes to our style of play/formation especially at the back. This playing it out from the back thing just isnt working against Championship opposition let alone Chelsea.

Most of our players have been playing their trade in the lower leagues for most of their careers, so it is understandable to see players get stuck whilst witnessing world class players playing against them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:53 pm 

In fairness I'm often annoyed by Robinson being all smiley and jokey in the media. But today, there is no point being straight faced and basic. Just laugh it off and accept we had a great team here.

Onto the next one, this performance/result won't affect the Cardiff game.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:58 pm 

Two choices Laugh or Cry, I think laugh is the better option.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:23 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
mkliam90 wrote:

Us trying to play it out from the back was probably the most frustrating thing today. Asking for trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:34 pm 

Scumarmy. wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
mkliam90 wrote:

Us trying to play it out from the back was probably the most frustrating thing today. Asking for trouble.

Its alright when you're one of the best teams in the league with decent players like last season, but it really is just naive to try and incorporate that style against superior teams, which is basically every week in the Championship.

Doesn't mean we have to give up the "total football" style of play Robbo has us playing under, we can keep the ball on the ground once we get it and play our normal passing game once we are in the opposition half.

We just need to drop the playing it out from the back idea. I genuinely think this is the way forward for this league.