The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:53 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Scumarmy. wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
mkliam90 wrote:
Really? This is Chelsea we played. I would agree if it was a league game, but come on if i witnessed KR being frustrated and angered by today i think a reality check would be needed.

Seriously? That is the worst defensive display I have seen by us in a long time, probably ever. Doesnt matter if it was Chelsea, even the basics we got wrong. I was listening to the commentary at half time
and all the pundits were tearing into our defence and rightfully so.

Robbo is laughing about it when we have some serious issues in our squad. Our defence were dodgy against bottom side Bolton FFS.

Not only do we need a striker, but we also need either a couple of new defenders or if not that, some drastic changes to our style of play/formation especially at the back. This playing it out from the back thing just isnt working against Championship opposition let alone Chelsea.

Us trying to play it out from the back was probably the most frustrating thing today. Asking for trouble.

Its alright when you're one of the best teams in the league with decent players like last season, but it really is just naive to try and incorporate that style against superior teams, which is basically every week in the Championship.

Doesn't mean we have to give up the "total football" style of play Robbo has us playing under, we can keep the ball on the ground once we get it and play our normal passing game once we are in the opposition half.

We just need to drop the playing it out from the back idea. I genuinely think this is the way forward for this league.

It's a good job you're not our manager then.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:15 pm 

Why?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:15 pm 

Dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Scumarmy. wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
mkliam90 wrote:
Really? This is Chelsea we played. I would agree if it was a league game, but come on if i witnessed KR being frustrated and angered by today i think a reality check would be needed.

Seriously? That is the worst defensive display I have seen by us in a long time, probably ever. Doesnt matter if it was Chelsea, even the basics we got wrong. I was listening to the commentary at half time

Robbo is laughing about it when we have some serious issues in our squad. Our defence were dodgy against bottom side Bolton FFS.

Not only do we need a striker, but we also need either a couple of new defenders or if not that, some drastic changes to our style of play/formation especially at the back. This playing it out from the back thing just isnt working against Championship opposition let alone Chelsea.

Us trying to play it out from the back was probably the most frustrating thing today. Asking for trouble.

Its alright when you're one of the best teams in the league with decent players like last season, but it really is just naive to try and incorporate that style against superior teams, which is basically every week in the Championship.

Doesn't mean we have to give up the "total football" style of play Robbo has us playing under, we can keep the ball on the ground once we get it and play our normal passing game once we are in the opposition half.

We just need to drop the playing it out from the back idea. I genuinely think this is the way forward for this league.

This.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:17 pm 

I'm tired of people saying what do you expect against the champions, it was Chelsea etc.
I'm also tired of Robbo saying how every Championship team has better players

In the previous round Chelsea put out a full strength side bar the goalkeeper but only managed 2-0 at home against Scunthorpe (see below)
Today it could have been double figures in our own back yard
It was disorganised, tactically inept and pathetic at times

1Begovic
2IvanovicBooked at 66mins
5Zouma
24Cahill
28Azpilicueta
4Fàbregas
7Ramires
22Willian
8Oscar
17Pedro
19Diego Costa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:21 pm 

Madjules wrote:
I'm tired of people saying what do you expect against the champions, it was Chelsea etc.
I'm also tired of Robbo saying how every Championship team has better players

In the previous round Chelsea put out a full strength side bar the goalkeeper but only managed 2-0 at home against Scunthorpe (see below)
Today it could have been double figures in our own back yard
It was disorganised, tactically inept and pathetic at times

1Begovic
2IvanovicBooked at 66mins
5Zouma
24Cahill
28Azpilicueta
4Fàbregas
7Ramires
22Willian
8Oscar
17Pedro
19Diego Costa

Got to agree. I'm considering boycotting the rest of the season, CBA anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:26 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Why?

You wont get a reason or how we should do things, just, you are wrong.for the 2nd day on the trot i have to agree with you filthy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:29 pm 

Dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Scumarmy. wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
mkliam90 wrote:

So you think playing it out from the back has served us well this season?
You think our defence has looked anywhere near capable for most of this season?

There has to be a compromise somewhere.

Either Robbo needs to change tactics, or we need to bring in players capable of performing to the level we and Robbo need.

Otherwise we might as well get a new manager with a more realistic and suitable way of playing with the set of players we have. Playing on the ground and out from the back worked last season because we had one of the best teams in League 1. Barcelona play out from the back and keep it on the ground like we do, but they have the players to perform that way in a decent league. We're in a much tougher league now without Alli, Grigg, Afobe, Lewis Baker etc and too much has changed to carry on this way unless we spend money or bring in quality.

Obviously bringing in quality and spending money seems to be an issue for PW, so a change of tactics is what is required and seems the only option. Even if that means a new manager, sadly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:33 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Scumarmy. wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
mkliam90 wrote:

Either Robbo needs to change tactics, or we need to bring in players capable of performing to the level we and Robbo need.

Otherwise we might as well get a new manager with a more realistic and suitable way of playing with the set of players we have. Playing on the ground and out from the back worked last season because we had one of the best teams in League 1. Barcelona play out from the back and keep it on the ground like we do, but they have the players to perform that way in a decent league. We're in a much tougher league now without Alli, Grigg, Afobe, Lewis Baker etc and too much has changed to carry on this way unless we spend money or bring in quality.

Obviously bringing in quality and spending money seems to be an issue for PW, so a change of tactics is what is required and seems the only option. Even if that means a new manager, sadly.

That's your view. Mine is different. I believe that we would be in an even worse position if we didn't play from the back. We don't have a hold up man, so we would be basically giving possession up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:41 pm 

I'm sure you are a wum d50,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:43 pm 

Dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Scumarmy. wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
[quote="mkliam90"]Really? This is Chelsea we played. I would agree if it was a league game, but come on if i witnessed KR being frustrated and angered by today i think a reality check would be needed.

That's your view. Mine is different. I believe that we would be in an even worse position if we didn't play from the back. We don't have a hold up man, so we would be basically giving possession up.[/quote]

What he said.