The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Stadium:MK Stewards
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:48 pm 

The only stewards in the country to 'take action' against fans for jokingly singing "no pyro no party" when the smoke bomb in the away end went off, and for the Dons fans singing "You are a steward" (An old tongue in cheek song by Dons fans sung all the time usually smiled and laughed off by stewards even away.) in the second half, but do absolutely FUCK ALL at Chelsea fans trying to kick off in the family corner (From what I've heard), and Cowshed, especially those singing "Carefree".

Stop being friendly and do what you're supposed to, you jobsworth prats!!!

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

Post subject: Re: Stadium:MK Stewards
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:40 pm 

Chelsea fan in Aisle 2 smoking a cigarette.. Steward at that end who asked me to stop waving cheerio at the Northampton fans and who regularly stops Dons fans sitting there despite being empty as it is not the seat on their ticket told me there was NOTHING he could do.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:43 pm 

girliedon wrote:
Chelsea fan in Aisle 2 smoking a cigarette.. Steward at that end who asked me to stop waving cheerio at the Northampton fans and who regularly stops Dons fans sitting there despite being empty as it is not the seat on their ticket told me there was NOTHING he could do.

That chelsea fan sounds like one badass motherfucker who doesnt give fucks. What a guy. Like the fonz.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:50 pm 

If he had looked like the Fonz I may not have minded so much :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:17 pm 

I was upstairs today, in fact the nearest Dons fan to the Chelsea fans (and they were deafening !) - and not that much distance segregation either...anyway a Chelsea fan stood up when they scored the first goal, and a girl sitting next to him went to a steward to report him. 2 stewards came up, but faffed around so much...that in the end, myself and another vocal Dons fan said that the Chelsea fan should not be there...I pointed out that the Club website expressly said that any away fans in home areas would be moved out....and the steward just shrugged his shoulders and said "well, the website may say one thing, but what actually happens is another...."

Great.....

Making history since 2004

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:18 pm 

....by the way, the view from row WW upstairs is fantastic !!

Most folk around me were obviously day trippers / neutrals, as hardly anyone else in my section had Dons hats / scarves / coats / fleeces.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:20 pm 

Wait, there were stewards?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:24 pm 

Scumarmy. wrote:
Wait, there were stewards?

Lol, well....here and there....

I did note 2 incidents in the Chelsea end, the smoke bomb and also an odd incident in the first half which must have either been some Dons fans in there or some kind of fight between Chelsea fans, as around a dozen stewards waded into the centre of them all (and they were very quick to respond to the smoke bomb too)

Something that perhaps surprised me was the lack of stewards and police near the segregated area. I was the closest to the Chelsea fans, and there was probably only 10 or so seats between us with a flimsy net-like thing over them....so if we wanted to, it would have been easy to have chatted with them. Now I do not think there was much risk today of trouble (unless we had won perhaps) - but on another day, against a team we have a rivalry with, I would not be that reassured. Not necessarily of actual risk of fighting (though some folk determined enough could have easily come over the seats to us) but simply that missiles of different types could easily be thrown. And I say this, as there was a group of stewards on the stairwell, but quite a distance away from us.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:01 am 

One thing i always note especially with large attendances is the lack of stewards/police outside the stadium at the final whistle, if opposing fans ever wanted to k.o. they would have a field day but i guess there was no history between us so not deemed necessary?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:46 am 

kempstondons6 wrote:
One thing i always note especially with large attendances is the lack of stewards/police outside the stadium at the final whistle, if opposing fans ever wanted to k.o. they would have a field day but i guess there was no history between us so not deemed necessary?

Police job rather steward one.

"Shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first."