The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Stadium:MK Stewards
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:18 pm 

Samcal wrote:
I heard the security was a little intrusive last night. Not surprising I dont suppose with the football and prior briefing to that effect. I thought it was pretty relaxed last year to the extent that I saw drug taking in the toilets in plain view of anyone who could have walked in.

Given what the darts is as a spectator event, I fully appreciate they have to keep a tight grip on things. But shouting 'zip it and watch the game' to a bloke who was quietly stood right behind his own seat and in nobody's way was OTT. It wasn't that they were strict - it's that they were rude.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:28 pm 

Blimey, we were so hammered last year that I dont recall seeing any darts at all! I dont image we say quietly watching the game. I was supposed to go Saturday but life got in the way. I heard they were a pain from a group of friends who did go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:44 pm 

Samcal wrote:
Blimey, we were so hammered last year that I dont recall seeing any darts at all! I dont image we say quietly watching the game. I was supposed to go Saturday but life got in the way. I heard they were a pain from a group of friends who did go.

Aye, a lot stricter than last year. I should say that the person I'm referring to (who also posts on here) was the designated driver for the evening!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:54 pm 

Dan wrote:
Samcal wrote:

Aye, a lot stricter than last year. I should say that the person I'm referring to (who also posts on here) was the designated driver for the evening!

I got thrown out of the Saturday morning session last year whilst being the 'designated driver'... It's a skill, one I have absolutely no clue how to master! I swear if you don't speak, or drink alcohol they target you!

I have been thrown out of many places in my 4 years and a bit years of being old enough to drink! :lol: