The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fadz apology
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:07 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
AJM wrote:
Dons50 wrote:
He made honest mistakes, no need for apology

Agree here also.

I sent quotation requests to the wrong suppliers 3 times this morning, I haven't had to tweet an apology to my customer!!!!

But you don't have 20,000+ people relying on you.

Well, if I am being genuinely honest, with a bit of coding and a couple of advisory emails, I can actually terminate all of Tesco's Checkouts Operating Systems, for UK and Ireland.

In 5 years, I have only seen it done once, at 3am on a Monday morning, and it reportedly lost Tesco over £350k in the 10-odd seconds it was down for.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:21 pm 

AJM wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
AJM wrote:
Dons50 wrote:

Agree here also.

I sent quotation requests to the wrong suppliers 3 times this morning, I haven't had to tweet an apology to my customer!!!!

Well, if I am being genuinely honest, with a bit of coding and a couple of advisory emails, I can actually terminate all of Tesco's Checkouts Operating Systems, for UK and Ireland.

In 5 years, I have only seen it done once, at 3am on a Monday morning, and it reportedly lost Tesco over £350k in the 10-odd seconds it was down for.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:45 pm 

If we do do it, we have to justify it to hell and back, it really isn't worth it, quite literally!

From the computer I am writing this from, at this very second, I can tell you that Tesco in Bletchley, on Checkout Number 2, at 14:39:43 scanned through a customer-picked 6 pack of Carrots... but I am not going to give away anymore secrets. ;-)

I don't work for Tesco so I am cool with this information, anymore might come under Data Protection! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless you want to give me your Clubcard Number and with a bit of coding, I can send your points through the roof! ;-)

If only I could do that with Banking and football... :-D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:05 pm 

AJM wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
AJM wrote:
Dons50 wrote:

Agree here also.

Aye, and I bet whoever did that had to apologise profusely

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:33 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
AJM wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
AJM wrote:
Dons50 wrote:

Agree here also.

Aye, and I bet whoever did that had to apologise profusely

Well it was part of a structured update. They had known it was going to happen for months haha. I reckon I would get sacked if I clicked the dreaded code now!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:35 pm 

For a company with the size they are, they are actually quite poorly operated from a systems perspective... Mwuhahaha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:41 pm 

AJM wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
AJM wrote:
Dons50 wrote:

Agree here also.

Yes, but this would be a deliberate act on your part, something you set out to do. I am not sure what Fadz was trying to do to be honest and I have watched it about five times since but what you can be sure of, it wasnt what he set out to do, therefore a mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:56 pm 

Samcal wrote:
AJM wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
AJM wrote:
Dons50 wrote:

Agree here also.

Yes, but this would be a deliberate act on your part, something you set out to do. I am not sure what Fadz was trying to do to be honest and I have watched it about five times since but what you can be sure of, it wasnt what he set out to do, therefore a mistake.

Relating to my intitial comment, i didn't mean to send those emails to the wrong companies :P ;-)