The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:59 pm 

Grundit wrote:
Radar wrote:
If the ticket was issued by council....the best you can do is check the signage, basically you are 'guilty' so to speak but might have reasonable mitigating circumstances if the signage was poor or absent...however, this will probably only apply to a piece of public road. Land is always owned by someone, and I doubt any landowner needs to have a sign in order for parking to be prohibited. If it is council administered I doubt you have a leg to stand on.

Radar is correct that council issued tickets you are basically guilty. This means that unless technically the council have issued it wrongly such as wrong date, wrong location, incorrect vehicle details etc you haven't got a leg to stand on. However, you can still "appeal" by throwing yourself at their mercy. You could say you missed the signs, not familiar with area, misread the signs, didn't think they applied where I parked etc .. You get the idea.

I once witnessed a guy in a magistrates court successfully avoid a fine and get awarded costs....he had to plead guilty with mitigating circumstances ...he acknowledged parking in said place, so it was an 'absolute offence' ( you can't plead not guilty), but the council put signage up a week after the offence....those were the mitigating circumstances...however, if you parked off road on council property or land administered by them, your probably in the shit, signage or not....begging mercy might be the only option...

"Shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:25 pm 

Ask for the evidence first

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:27 pm 

Grundit wrote:
Radar wrote:
If the ticket was issued by council....the best you can do is check the signage, basically you are 'guilty' so to speak but might have reasonable mitigating circumstances if the signage was poor or absent...however, this will probably only apply to a piece of public road. Land is always owned by someone, and I doubt any landowner needs to have a sign in order for parking to be prohibited. If it is council administered I doubt you have a leg to stand on.

Radar is correct that council issued tickets you are basically guilty. This means that unless technically the council have issued it wrongly such as wrong date, wrong location, incorrect vehicle details etc you haven't got a leg to stand on. However, you can still "appeal" by throwing yourself at their mercy. You could say you missed the signs, not familiar with area, misread the signs, didn't think they applied where I parked etc .. You get the idea.

That didn't work with one of the junior Ramones - and it was absolutely genuine; had no idea he shouldn't have parked there. Basically 'check it out properly in future mate'. Although they did reduce the amount that had to be paid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:58 pm 

Location: Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK, Europe, The earth, The Milky Way
Aliramone wrote:
Grundit wrote:
Radar wrote:

That didn't work with one of the junior Ramones - and it was absolutely genuine; had no idea he shouldn't have parked there. Basically 'check it out properly in future mate'. Although they did reduce the amount that had to be paid.

I got done on the road I used to live on in Coventry. I lived on a one way street and the sign saying it was limited parking was at the bottom of the street. When I asked to see if they would make it permit only they advised that there were not enough houses on the street.

So the moral of the story is never live in a shit hole like Coventry unless you have a driveway :lol: :lol: :lol: