The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Carl Baker
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:32 pm 

Gone to Atletico Kerala
https://mobile.twitter.com/atletidekolk ... 2467717121

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:46 pm 

leodon wrote:

It would appear you've mixed your Indian team there my friend. CB has signed for Atletico de Kolkata - Managed by a Mr T Sheringham.
Kerala Blasters however are managed by Rene Mullensteen. He was on Jim Whites TalkSport show the other week talking about it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:55 pm 

wotalad wrote:
leodon wrote:

It would appear you've mixed your Indian team there my friend. CB has signed for Atletico de Kolkata - Managed by a Mr T Sheringham.
Kerala Blasters however are managed by Rene Mullensteen. He was on Jim Whites TalkSport show the other week talking about it.

:oops: Yes, was following the rumours, think it must be because I would personally so much rather go to Kerala than Calcutta!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:00 pm 

leodon wrote:
wotalad wrote:
leodon wrote:

:oops: Yes, was following the rumours, think it must be because I would personally so much rather go to Kerala than Calcutta!

Give Rene a call; he might have you. Plus apparently Sachin Tendulker co-owns that team; whereas at Kolkata you'd have to put up with Ganguly (who've I always wondered why boy scouts sing about round a campfire)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:33 pm 

leodon wrote:
wotalad wrote:
leodon wrote:

That's a long way to go on a bike!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:39 pm 

kempstondons6 wrote:
leodon wrote:
wotalad wrote:
leodon wrote:

That's a long way to go on a bike!

You mean the bike that's allegedly still chained up at Stad:MK ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:58 pm 

Bit out of the blue. He has always made it clear that being close to his family home is important, so surprising to see he's gone to India.

Best of luck to him, really nice guy and will always be highly regarded here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:54 pm 

Last club and probably more than doubling his pay. Chance to set up Robbie Keane every week. Warm weather too. And a chance to say he played abroad for a year or so. I understand that totally.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:05 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
He has always made it clear that being close to his family home is important, so surprising to see he's gone to India.

I don't think it's surprising. It was clear when he took the two-year contract at Portsmouth that he was sacrificing putting that home life first to get as much out of his remaining playing days as he could.

It's like the football equivalent of a dad going away to work on an oil rig for a couple of years. A strain on family life but financially worth it in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:09 pm 

Dan wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
He has always made it clear that being close to his family home is important, so surprising to see he's gone to India.

I don't think it's surprising. It was clear when he took the two-year contract at Portsmouth that he was sacrificing putting that home life first to get as much out of his remaining playing days as he could.

It's like the football equivalent of a dad going away to work on an oil rig for a couple of years. A strain on family life but financially worth it in the long run.

True. I imagine he's getting probably his highest ever weekly pay over there.