The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:56 am
Posts: 55
Hello lads.
You seem to be becoming our feeder club as of late. Although, Im not too sure where Bowditch will fit in with us. He may be a bench warmer.
Anybody got any gossip about David Martin? As he has been heavily linked with a move up here. And we do need a keeper.
See you all soon.

_________________
Life really is, just a load of Cobblers...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:48 am
Posts: 3536
Hi gadget, yes another dons player signs for you. Thing with Dean is, don't expect anything physical from him but I always liked him tbh. Always capable of scoring and I'm sure if he plays regularly he will get you some goals. Think he is past his prime but I don't see it as a bad signing for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:19 am
Posts: 80
I suppose when nobody shows any interest you have to go and tout yourself to the clubs nearby- you've gotta pay that mortgage somehow!

with Bowditch and Powell in the cobblers squad next season (hopefully regular starters) I can smell six points!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 13819
BuffaloB wrote:
I suppose when nobody shows any interest you have to go and tout yourself to the clubs nearby- you've gotta pay that mortgage somehow!

with Bowditch and Powell in the cobblers squad next season (hopefully regular starters) I can smell six points!


Hold on, how do you know nobody wanted him?? How do you know Bowditch wasn't approached by Northampton and several other clubs?

_________________
"Be offended. Nothing happens." - Steve Hughes

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 pm
Posts: 901
Not saying he holds back but I hear he won't even put his foot in when he goes paddling! It used to wind me up watching him run alongside an opposition player more like a shadow than an opponent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 15088
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Not saying he holds back but I hear he won't even put his foot in when he goes paddling! It used to wind me up watching him run alongside an opposition player more like a shadow than an opponent.

He does put his foot in sometimes. And it's always a foul.

_________________
Our academy has never produced strong centre-backs, good headers up front, or target men who can pull a ball down with two defenders up his arse. We just produce wing-backs and dozens of midfield players.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:19 am
Posts: 80
Young Alby wrote:
BuffaloB wrote:
I suppose when nobody shows any interest you have to go and tout yourself to the clubs nearby- you've gotta pay that mortgage somehow!

with Bowditch and Powell in the cobblers squad next season (hopefully regular starters) I can smell six points!


Hold on, how do you know nobody wanted him?? How do you know Bowditch wasn't approached by Northampton and several other clubs?



I don't I made my statement off the back of watching him for the last 5 seasons. Apologies if I've offended you.

So out of all the illustrious offers he had he chose the lure of Sixfingers?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 pm
Posts: 20596
Location: Still not having sex, apparently
Could be down to length of contract offered, like it was with Carl Baker.

There's also a lot to be said for not having to up sticks and move.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 13819
Not relocating, similar wage, same division. I'd say that's a class move when you get let go by a club.

_________________
"Be offended. Nothing happens." - Steve Hughes

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dean Bowditch
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:19 am
Posts: 80
Or you could argue it shows a lack of ambition....

Smaller club, no real prospect of promotion, poor ground etc etc


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group