The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ben Reeves
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:00 pm 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/598349 ... ben-reeves

I liked Ben as a player and a person but sorry 'sought after' is bollocks; we offered him a deal which showed how much Robbie valued him, Ben wanted more and felt he could get a Championship club, Robbo made unsubtle advances at him for months but Ben held out for something better even leaving the door open for an MK U-turn of Maynard proportions. So what did he find out that he wasn't quite as indemand as he thought and had to settle for second best. Good luck at Charlton and maybe one day you'll prove to be a Championship player but all this has shown is that you haven't proved it yet.

Post subject: Re: Latest on Reeves ?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:09 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Ben wanted more and felt he could get a Championship club, Robbo made unsubtle advances at him for months but Ben held out for something better even leaving the door open for an MK U-turn of Maynard proportions. So what did he find out that he wasn't quite as indemand as he thought and had to settle for second best.

Do you have anything whatsoever to prove this or just what you want to believe simply because this deal took a while to get over the line?

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 pm 

One of the most talented players we've had, without a doubt. He was very creative, scored good goals and almost always played well when he was fit. I'm sad to see him go, I hope he does well at Charlton and finally shakes of the injuries, could be a good Championship player if he does.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:57 pm 

Not fit to lace Chadwick/Puncheon's boots

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:12 pm 

thedonandonly81 wrote:

This...

he never quite matched his protential when he joined...so long, and thanks for all fish...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:15 pm 

thedonandonly81 wrote:

Fair comment, but not many could.

Post subject: Re: Ben Reeves
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:25 pm 

He was a good player when he was fit, scarcely. Had fond memories but the guys turned into an utter joke over the summer. At least its done now so he can stop frequenting our bench like a lost puppy uninvited lol

I would say good luck to him but its hard to harbour good feelings when hes turned the situation in to a circus over the summer and you see that monumental bellend sniggering and parading around like hes signed the most sought after player in europe. Deluded. Neilson made it clear weeks ago wed moved our targets on from reeves ffs. I wouldnt be as bothered if he hadnt ended up at that sniggering twat robinsons doorstep.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:32 pm 

Have no idea what makes you think he's turned the situation into a circus considering he hasn't said anything like "I'm staying" or anything. This was all done and dusted when his contract ran out 2 months ago and he wasn't given a squad number. He hasn't done anything wrong other than turn up to a friendly in his free time to support his friends.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:35 pm 

Young Alby wrote:
Have no idea what makes you think he's turned the situation into a circus considering he hasn't said anything like "I'm staying" or anything. This was all done and dusted when his contract ran out 2 months ago and he wasn't given a squad number. He hasn't done anything wrong other than turn up to a friendly in his free time to support his friends.

This.

I'm not sure what people think he has done wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:35 pm 

BeardHidesBoy64 wrote:
He was a good player when he was fit, scarcely. Had fond memories but the guys turned into an utter joke over the summer. At least its done now so he can stop frequenting our bench like a lost puppy uninvited lol

I would say good luck to him but its hard to harbour good feelings when hes turned the situation in to a circus over the summer and you see that monumental bellend sniggering and parading around like hes signed the most sought after player in europe. Deluded. Neilson made it clear weeks ago wed moved our targets on from reeves ffs. I wouldnt be as bothered if he hadnt ended up at that sniggering twat robinsons doorstep.

Yes I kinda get where you are coming from, would've liked reeves to have signed a few weeks ago, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had had enough of it so now it's just, bye! Think his bluff hasn't worked. Enjoy the commute to souf Landon for training.