The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reeves
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:43 pm 

kempstondons6 wrote:
BeardHidesBoy64 wrote:
He was a good player when he was fit, scarcely. Had fond memories but the guys turned into an utter joke over the summer. At least its done now so he can stop frequenting our bench like a lost puppy uninvited lol

I would say good luck to him but its hard to harbour good feelings when hes turned the situation in to a circus over the summer and you see that monumental bellend sniggering and parading around like hes signed the most sought after player in europe. Deluded. Neilson made it clear weeks ago wed moved our targets on from reeves ffs. I wouldnt be as bothered if he hadnt ended up at that sniggering twat robinsons doorstep.

Yes I kinda get where you are coming from, would've liked reeves to have signed a few weeks ago, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had had enough of it so now it's just, bye! Think his bluff hasn't worked. Enjoy the commute to souf Landon for training.

What bluff?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:46 pm 

Just one of those things where 2 people see a situation differently. I know im over reacting mostly because robbo is an irritating ladybit that fries my brain. Once hes sacked from charlton and he descends into punditry it won't be a factor. Whilst hes managing a direct competitor hes harder to tolerate. My own fault, he makes intriguing viewing and I shouldnt watch. The bastard lures you in lol

Honestly though, I know im overreacting and will do a u turn soon enough.

Young Alby wrote:
Have no idea what makes you think he's turned the situation into a circus considering he hasn't said anything like "I'm staying" or anything. This was all done and dusted when his contract ran out 2 months ago and he wasn't given a squad number. He hasn't done anything wrong other than turn up to a friendly in his free time to support his friends.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:00 pm 

Dons50 wrote:
kempstondons6 wrote:
BeardHidesBoy64 wrote:
He was a good player when he was fit, scarcely. Had fond memories but the guys turned into an utter joke over the summer. At least its done now so he can stop frequenting our bench like a lost puppy uninvited lol

I would say good luck to him but its hard to harbour good feelings when hes turned the situation in to a circus over the summer and you see that monumental bellend sniggering and parading around like hes signed the most sought after player in europe. Deluded. Neilson made it clear weeks ago wed moved our targets on from reeves ffs. I wouldnt be as bothered if he hadnt ended up at that sniggering twat robinsons doorstep.

Yes I kinda get where you are coming from, would've liked reeves to have signed a few weeks ago, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had had enough of it so now it's just, bye! Think his bluff hasn't worked. Enjoy the commute to souf Landon for training.

What bluff?

I would guess and it is only a guess the same as your guess that he wasn't bluffing or trying to get more money. I got fed up of this reeves stuff weeks ago as did pw according to someone on this site. His wife has a good job in mk apparently, they are obviously settled here, he said he wanted a better deal which implies he would've re signed had they accepted his demands, I think it's fair to assume he would've preferred to stay. Whether you term it as a bluff or not is your belief, mine is, believing he was our best player, which wasn't too difficult under Robinson, he thought we would give him the deal he wanted. We didn't! Move on! We have a far better manager now imo and one who will only have players that perform. I liked reeves when he was here but I am more than happy with the replacements.

Post subject: Re: Latest on Reeves ?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:28 pm 

Young Alby wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Ben wanted more and felt he could get a Championship club, Robbo made unsubtle advances at him for months but Ben held out for something better even leaving the door open for an MK U-turn of Maynard proportions. So what did he find out that he wasn't quite as indemand as he thought and had to settle for second best.

Do you have anything whatsoever to prove this or just what you want to believe simply because this deal took a while to get over the line?

I have nothing to prove it ( it is a discussion forum not a a court of law and I feel I made it clear it was an opinion) and of course my opinion is what I believe! This was written in response to an article that describes Ben Reeves as much sought after, my opinion is he wasn't as sought after as he thought and has signed a deal that was on the table for months. Obviously I could be wrong and Charlton may have trebled their offer to fight off global interest but some how I believe he took a chance to better himself​ (and why not) only to find he is no better off. Hopefully this clarifies my position for you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:41 pm 

Quality player when fit, he's miles behind being match ready, I expect another injury ridden season at Charlton. Good luck to him.

Seems fairly obvious Robbie wasn't that bothered about re signing him, the offer was there and it wasn't taken.

The squad has taken on a brand new look, perhaps not suited to Reeves style anyway.

Don't interupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:18 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Young Alby wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Ben wanted more and felt he could get a Championship club, Robbo made unsubtle advances at him for months but Ben held out for something better even leaving the door open for an MK U-turn of Maynard proportions. So what did he find out that he wasn't quite as indemand as he thought and had to settle for second best.

Do you have anything whatsoever to prove this or just what you want to believe simply because this deal took a while to get over the line?

I have nothing to prove it ( it is a discussion forum not a a court of law and I feel I made it clear it was an opinion) and of course my opinion is what I believe! This was written in response to an article that describes Ben Reeves as much sought after, my opinion is he wasn't as sought after as he thought and has signed a deal that was on the table for months. Obviously I could be wrong and Charlton may have trebled their offer to fight off global interest but some how I believe he took a chance to better himself​ (and why not) only to find he is no better off. Hopefully this clarifies my position for you!

1) Ben wanted more and felt he could get a Championship club

How do you know this? Did he tell you?

2) Ben held out for something better even leaving the door open for an MK U-turn of Maynard proportions.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:59 pm 

Young Alby wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Young Alby wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:

1) Ben wanted more and felt he could get a Championship club

2) Ben held out for something better even leaving the door open for an MK U-turn of Maynard proportions.

It's a well educated guess from MK Aylesbury. More plausible than it took Charlton 3 months to get a free agent deal over the line.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:02 pm 

Young Alby wrote:
Have no idea what makes you think he's turned the situation into a circus considering he hasn't said anything like "I'm staying" or anything. This was all done and dusted when his contract ran out 2 months ago and he wasn't given a squad number. He hasn't done anything wrong other than turn up to a friendly in his free time to support his friends.

This.

He's done absolutely nothing wrong.

Our academy has never produced strong centre-backs, good headers up front, or target men who can pull a ball down with two defenders up his arse. We just produce wing-backs and dozens of midfield players.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:05 pm 

Romeo wrote:

It's a well educated guess from MK Aylesbury. More plausible than it took Charlton 3 months to get a free agent deal over the line.

Thanks sometimes I read the replies and wonder if I am posting in another language!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:16 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Romeo wrote:

Thanks sometimes I read the replies and wonder if I am posting in another language!

Or make it clear in your original post by saying something like:

"One wonders if Ben Reeves cockily thought he could get a Championship deal. We will never know as there never was any talk of a Championship club coming in for him but I'm sure he knows more. I also wonder if he thought he could get a u turn like Maynard did and come crawling back if he fails to find a move."

That way we can undertand if you're speculating.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next