The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pep
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:07 pm 

Is he all that?

He's done well when inheriting successful teams with great players. He's having to create one himself now.

Our academy has never produced strong centre-backs, good headers up front, or target men who can pull a ball down with two defenders up his arse. We just produce wing-backs and dozens of midfield players. Much like the first team.

Post subject: Re: Pep
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:59 pm 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Overrated. Won with a Barcelona team with Messi coming through and Xavi and Iniesta in their prime. Then won at Bayern, the only team in Germany with unlimited resources and who all German players want to play for. It's a crime that we didn't win everything with the teams he inherited. Now he's in an open league he's being found out

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:04 pm 

Very good manager but not as good as people say he is. He lost it a bit when he left Barcelona. He done great things there mind.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:58 pm 

He's brilliant. They will win the Champions League within 3 years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:28 pm 

Dons50 wrote:

With their resources, you'd hope so

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:46 pm 

Dons50 wrote:

He wasn't last night D50, got his tactics completely wrong. The playing out from the back was obsessive and cost shitty the first two goals and subsequently the game. Monaco didn't so much win it as much as shitty lost it. Afraid he was totally to blame for that result.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:05 pm 

kempstondons6 wrote:
Dons50 wrote:

He wasn't last night D50, got his tactics completely wrong. The playing out from the back was obsessive and cost shitty the first two goals and subsequently the game. Monaco didn't so much win it as much as shitty lost it. Afraid he was totally to blame for that result.

They would have won if Aguero had his shooting boots with him in the second half.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:09 pm 

Dons50 wrote:
kempstondons6 wrote:
Dons50 wrote:

They would have won if Aguero had his shooting boots with him in the second half.

Possibly right but they would definitely have won if they hadn't have fucked around at the back first half, that's where the game was lost. I hate shitty with a passion and even I was embarrassed by it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:15 pm 

kempstondons6 wrote:
Dons50 wrote:
kempstondons6 wrote:
Dons50 wrote:

Possibly right but they would definitely have won if they hadn't have fucked around at the back first half, that's where the game was lost. I hate shitty with a passion and even I was embarrassed by it.

Playing out from the back is fundamental to how they play. They wouldn't have the good attacking stuff without it. Inevitably it will sometimes go wrong. You shouldn't abandon it as a knee jerk. Fortunately Pep won't. I used to hate City too. Now I love watching them.

I was at the Kingpower the night before. The atmosphere was great but the football was tedious.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:35 pm 

Dons50 wrote:
kempstondons6 wrote:
Dons50 wrote:
kempstondons6 wrote:
Dons50 wrote:

Playing out from the back is fundamental to how they play. They wouldn't have the good attacking stuff without it. Inevitably it will sometimes go wrong. You shouldn't abandon it as a knee jerk. Fortunately Pep won't. I used to hate City too. Now I love watching them.

I was at the Kingpower the night before. The atmosphere was great but the football was tedious.

Yes but there's a time to do it and a time not to, the trouble was or is that shitty/pep just do all the time, so easy to defend against or should I say attack against. Was similar to watching us v chesterfield when we played them three times in short succession and played exactly the same way each time and lost.