The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:11 am 

Here is my (ten) starter for ten from today's game:-

1) Is the main aim of the 'scoreboards' to reflect on the current state of affairs of the game or to be a source of advertising revenue for the club?

2) Will this be a record season for yellow and red cards for the Dons?

3) Singing "...we're on our way back ..." when losing 1-0 does make me wonder whether our 'song list' is simply sung on a loop rather like a radio show playing music without human intervention.

4) If you (perhaps optimistically) imagined a scenario that both clubs would be scrapping it out at the end of the season for promotion places, why was there no Dons player doing the last minute screaming at the rest of the team that if we scored it may well be a '3 pointer' come the end of the season?

5) When fans are asked at half-time if you are a season-ticket holder in order to get circa 10p off a cup of bovril I wonder if anybody ever actually says "no"?

6) Have we ever scored 'scrappy goals' for any length of time since Mad Dog left us?

7) How much better are footballers in 2017 than, say, 50 years ago? How does progress compare with other sports such as cricket?

8) Who decided not to put a collar on the new shirts and why?

9) Would Grigg have celebrated if he had scored?

10) If it is so easy to hide flares before entering a stadium, isn't it time security at lower league clubs was enhanced to at least give themselves something of a fighting chance to detect something far more dangerous?

You will all have others, no doubt ...