The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2-0 - Not a fair result
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:45 pm 

Should have been 8 or 9 or even possibly 10. Said last week that we were shockingly shit against Plymouth who had 10 men for the majority of the game, yet most people ignored that fact because we won.

We have been second best in every single game so far this season. Posh ripped us to shreds time and time again and we offered fuck all as per.

We actually looked a little promising in the first 10 minutes but it didn't last long. Whatever was said at half time destroyed us.

Poor Gilbey must be wondering what the hell he has done leaving Wigan for this shower of shit. He was the only one that came out with any dignity and looked class.

Tshibola needs to stop thinking he is a championship player and realise he needs to play for it if he wants a career at that level. All out for himself, trying to take 4 players on at a time.

Something is seriously wrong. Aneke coming back is not enough to resolve it. Very worrying times ahead.

East Stand ST Holder - Expat in Dubai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:03 pm 

I still stand by the Plymouth comments. Win was very good considering. I'd have taken that tonight.

However a team that's actually good have found us out again. Bet Robbie will dismiss it and say we get up and go again. Show some fucking urgency.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:22 pm 

That is the point we have no urgency and commitment in our play, I do wonder if the the manager can motivate these players ,not sure he can.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 pm 

Lrts not forget this is the same manager that took us there and we trounced them 4-0. Didnt hear no complaints about the gaffer then. The fact is he cant choose his best players consistently yet a) because they arent ready to be risked for 3 games in a week and b) because they simply arent available through suspension or injury.

Yes we need to get betterbut im not concerned about the manager.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 pm 

I am. Can beat them 4-0 and rave about that then focus on some absolute pony results before and since that Posh game. Whoop de fucking do.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm 

BeardHidesBoy64 wrote:
Lrts not forget this is the same manager that took us there and we trounced them 4-0. Didnt hear no complaints about the gaffer then. The fact is he cant choose his best players consistently yet a) because they arent ready to be risked for 3 games in a week and b) because they simply arent available through suspension or injury.

3 games in a week?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 pm 

Saturday, tuesday, saturday. And alby I agree theres been some dross, maybe my faith will wear off. Next 4 games are huge indication for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 am 

BeardHidesBoy64 wrote:

We had a completely different squad then.

The same manager that failed to replace key players that were involved in that 4-0 win and other promising aspects of his early reign. We are simply not as effective without the likes of Barnes, Reeves, Baldock, Potter and one or two others.

The objective this summer was to strengthen, not get rid of our best players and fail to replace them with adequate enough players.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 am 

Peterborough are a good side.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:31 am 

Dons50 wrote:
Peterborough are a good side.

A side we beat 4-0 at their place 8 months ago.