The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: To defence minded
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 pm 

Wrong team selection, sow and Nesbitt should have started , we need to play a more attacking game , we have no threat up front, 4 goals in seven games is not good enough, yet having said all that we have gone one place up in the table , lack of goals is going to do us this season, we won't go down , but a bottom half finish looks most likely.

Post subject: Re: To defence minded
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 pm 

Why are people failing to understand both cant play saturday, tuesday consistently yet and need to be built up to that fitness level.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:32 pm 

I don't by that building up fitness levels, other teams don't have that problem, posh don't have a problem with fitness levels,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:44 pm 

Hugo wrote:
I don't by that building up fitness levels, other teams don't have that problem, posh don't have a problem with fitness levels,

I agree, I can see with the people coming back from injury, but the rest have no excuse, they aren't part timers, they do this for a living, they have nothing to do but train and play football. They have been asked to run around competitively for 270 minutes (less than 5 hours) over 8 days and you can bet your life training was easier on Sunday and Monday to cater for the fact they were playing Tuesday.

There can't be many jobs going where you work a 3 day week with some training days and are paid the average persons yearly salary every month.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:14 am 

Hugo wrote:

Same applies to "gelling as a team". If there was a case to answer for that, that time has come and gone now we are getting into the season.

There are simply no excuses now. This squad Neilson has built was meant to (in his eyes I'm sure, not just supporters) be challenging at the top.

I'm going to stick with what I said in August - if we're not in the top half by the end of September then I'm afraid I'll be on the Neilson out train, and I'm sure I won't be the only one by then.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Hugo wrote:

Same applies to "gelling as a team". If there was a case to answer for that, that time has come and gone now we are getting into the season.

There are simply no excuses now. This squad Neilson has built was meant to (in his eyes I'm sure, not just supporters) be challenging at the top.

I'm going to stick with what I said in August - if we're not in the top half by the end of September then I'm afraid I'll be on the Neilson out train, and I'm sure I won't be the only one by then.

To be replaced by whom? Get real, he's as good as we can get. Stick with him and have some continuity. Chopping and changing won't help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:41 am 

Dons50 wrote:
To be replaced by whom? Get real, he's as good as we can get. Stick with him and have some continuity. Chopping and changing won't help.

How do you know he is as good as we can get? We had hundreds of applicants for the vacancy last time, I'm sure there were other capable candidates that applied.

Chopping and changing works just as much as keeping with the same manager. Oxford lost their manager in the summer, and brought in someone else. They've had more of a squad overhaul than we have in the past few months and look a far better outfit than us. Plenty of recent examples of teams bringing in new managers and having their fortunes improve.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:11 am 

Location: Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK, Europe, The earth, The Milky Way
FilthyDon wrote:
Hugo wrote:

Don't be an absolute fool. We are shit. We have been for 3 seasons now. What is sacking neilson that soon going to achieve? who is going to replace him? Its not like they are going to change the players cause nothing can happen till Jan.

Be honest until we have physical money to spend we will always be a mid table team. We were never going to beat posh based on form and ability so why crap yourselves? Lose to Rochdale on Saturday and that is a different matter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:18 am 

russybcool1 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Hugo wrote:

Don't be an absolute fool. We are shit. We have been for 3 seasons now. What is sacking neilson that soon going to achieve? who is going to replace him? Its not like they are going to change the players cause nothing can happen till Jan.

Be honest until we have physical money to spend we will always be a mid table team. We were never going to beat posh based on form and ability so why crap yourselves? Lose to Rochdale on Saturday and that is a different matter.

If we are shit, then we have absolutely nothing to lose by changing manager sooner rather than later if our form and style of playing doesn't improve. The way we are headed, we'll be in the same position as last year flirting with the relegation zone early October.

Our main problem is tactics, set up too defensively and sitting back instead of bringing the game to the opposition. A new manager with a fresh perspective could deal with that.

Our other problem has been poor positional recruitment - not poor as in the quality of players (I think the majority of those we have signed are good players), but poor as in failing to reinforce key areas of the pitch and replace players that moved on. Certainly bringing in a new manager sooner rather than later will allow them to see where our weaknesses lie on the pitch, and plan for January. Neilson clearly generally happy with the squad, which is worrying.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 am 

Location: Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK, Europe, The earth, The Milky Way
FilthyDon wrote:
russybcool1 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Hugo wrote:

If we are shit, then we have absolutely nothing to lose by changing manager sooner rather than later if our form and style of playing doesn't improve. The way we are headed, we'll be in the same position as last year flirting with the relegation zone early October.

Our main problem is tactics, set up too defensively and sitting back instead of bringing the game to the opposition. A new manager with a fresh perspective could deal with that.

Our other problem has been poor positional recruitment - not poor as in the quality of players (I think the majority of those we have signed are good players), but poor as in failing to reinforce key areas of the pitch and replace players that moved on. Certainly bringing in a new manager sooner rather than later will allow them to see where our weaknesses lie on the pitch, and plan for January. Neilson clearly generally happy with the squad, which is worrying.

The season before we went up everyone (myself included) wanted robbo out cause of the shit position we finished. We had higher expectation then too cause we finished in the play offs so many times before. Did he get sacked? No. Did we go up next season? Yes.

I have said this so many times. Be realistic. We are a mid table team and where are we in the league? Mid table. Saturday is a much bigger deal for me and one that if we don't win then we need to look at ourselves.