The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:27 am 

russybcool1 wrote:
I think that is a tiny factor into it. Might have something to do with the entertainment value why people stay away, not some fools booing a man.

There is a veritable smorgasbord of reasons why. Both of those are valid ones.

This year, the only aways I'm doing are long-distance ones, partly because most of our cretins can't be bothered to travel that far.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 am 

Moronic twats of the highest order, it was more than a handful too - that bloke has given his career to the club and some fuktards think it's appropriate to boo him :evil:

Go and support someone else.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm 

The pitfalls of supporting such a young club. A lot of our fans have never properly followed a team ( go home and away ) except on sky sports. They get caught up in the excitement of being at an away ground and do things without thinking.

It's the same reason opinions on the facebook page differ wildly from on here, the younger fanbase with no real experience of following a football team have sky high expectations because they've always supported a prem team without ever going to a game and think that's how it works in league 1.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:08 pm 

bert the jock don wrote:
The pitfalls of supporting such a young club. A lot of our fans have never properly followed a team ( go home and away ) except on sky sports. They get caught up in the excitement of being at an away ground and do things without thinking.

It's the same reason opinions on the facebook page differ wildly from on here, the younger fanbase with no real experience of following a football team have sky high expectations because they've always supported a prem team without ever going to a game and think that's how it works in league 1.

You are a walking continent of common sense today! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:21 pm 

bert the jock don wrote:

Beat me to it. :-D The joys of supporting a thirteen year old football club that is going though all the awkward stages associated with that age....

I'd also add that at any "normal" club that age group wouldn't dream of stepping out of line as there'd be enough older heads that would give them a little slap and a timely reminder. It's that fear that means there's a degree of self-policing amongst regular supporters at most other clubs. I'm not saying that's right, but it is the reality.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 pm 

Dan wrote:
bert the jock don wrote:

You are a walking continent of common sense today! :mrgreen:

I need a lie down :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:53 pm 

Beat me to it. :-D The joys of supporting a thirteen year old football club that is going though all the awkward stages associated with that age....

I'd also add that at any "normal" club that age group wouldn't dream of stepping out of line as there'd be enough older heads that would give them a little slap and a timely reminder. It's that fear that means there's a degree of self-policing amongst regular supporters at most other clubs. I'm not saying that's right, but it is the reality.

These so called MK Dons supporters were in the 25 year old + age group and then some! Not kids, not the MK Youth just a bunch idiots one as I recall one of them dressed up for Lewie in orange day, think he always wears a hat! And got himself a photo with the man himself! How fickle can one be! I think another wears a Gunners tattoo on his fore arm! says it all really! #idiots :roll: