The Concrete Roundabout (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:39 am 

bert the jock don wrote:
Could you imagine if we were a premier league team, what would the expectation levels among some of our fan base be like then?

The fact of the matter is we are a mid table league 1 side with a relatively small budget playing in a huge stadium we cant even half fill most weekends. There are much bigger teams than us in this league. Yes i'm disappointed with our league position, yes i'd love us to be playing the free flowing attacking football of the promotion season but i'm also realist and we are probably at the right position in the table based on performances.

I'm in no rush to sack the manager, stability and growth going forward is key at the moment. Once we have a fully fit squad and a settled starting 11 i'm sure performances and results will improve. If they don't, i'll still go and watch the game and have a beer because it my local team and i prefer it to shopping on a Saturday.

Bert wins the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:34 am 

Romeo wrote:
bert the jock don wrote:
Could you imagine if we were a premier league team, what would the expectation levels among some of our fan base be like then?

The fact of the matter is we are a mid table league 1 side with a relatively small budget playing in a huge stadium we cant even half fill most weekends. There are much bigger teams than us in this league. Yes i'm disappointed with our league position, yes i'd love us to be playing the free flowing attacking football of the promotion season but i'm also realist and we are probably at the right position in the table based on performances.

I'm in no rush to sack the manager, stability and growth going forward is key at the moment. Once we have a fully fit squad and a settled starting 11 i'm sure performances and results will improve. If they don't, i'll still go and watch the game and have a beer because it my local team and i prefer it to shopping on a Saturday.

Bert wins the thread.

And wins it on sense...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:22 am 

Shame that one of the few articulate posters on here is so pessimistic.
Come on F/D cheer up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:04 pm 

I'm not warming to then like like I was last season. The football is absolutely dire. I can take a shit start to the season if we look like we are getting better. Fact is we don't and i sense no buzz from anyone within the club.

Dean Lewington is not a centre back.

"Mine is a vodka and Coke, but hold the Coke."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:21 pm 

KR7 wrote:
Shame that one of the few articulate posters on here is so pessimistic.
Come on F/D cheer up.

Thanks mate. It's just difficult to get excited about anything involving our club at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:29 pm 

I have been saying since the start of August that we look light up front and until we get our missing 3 playing week in week out I don't think things will change going forward, The next 4 games will be telling as we play 4 teams below us in the league and I would expect at least 9 points along with some improved performances, if we get those points we will be at the level that if we are honest I think most of us would say we really are at the moment and that is a mid table league 1 side

2017 - The Hatrick - Powell, Ngombo & Carruthers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:07 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
What is it about this current squad and Neilson's tactics that makes you believe we are going to have a change of fortune and improve considerably?

Faith brother, pure faith and counter intuition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E39htndsmA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:43 pm 

I've arranged for a number of mates to come along on Saturday on the promise of a good game. :lol:
This was sorted some time ago.
I feel we may be spending some considerable time in the exotic splendour of The Cowshed bar rather than singing lustily at our clever football and skillful exuberance in The Cowshed itself. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:47 pm 

I am hoping that when everyone is fit we will have a decent team. It doesn't help signing players that aren't fit, are carrying injuries and haven't had a pre season.

We seem to be nurse maiding half the squad due to those reasons.....

Don't interupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 pm 

If we want entertainment Ed Rubio is making a fine case to get the job!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next